Friday, May 4, 2012

An Update from the Flight Deck

Good Morning from the Flight deck. First off, I want to apologize for the lack of updates recently, I've been quite busy over the last couple of week between preparing for exams, writing those exams and taking a road trip out to British Columbia. But now with school all finished, I'll have a little more time to write here. But I do start my new job on Saturday so if the lack of posts starts to show again, that's the reason why.

So last week I wrote all my final exams and on Monday got all the results back and I have to say I'm pretty happy with them. Guess we'll see what the second year has to bring us. But for now, I won't have to worry about school for another 4 months.

The Osprey 2000, one of 2 ferries that sail the waters of
Kootenay Lake
Last Friday I left on a road trip out to British Columbia on a 5 day tour of the interior, passing through Creston and the Kootenay Lake region. I even took the lake road north of Creston and took the Kootenay Lake Ferry (One of my favorite things to do out there) across the lake to Ainsworth Hot Springs and Nelson. I highly recommend visiting the Hot Springs if you are ever out there, it was so cool to swim through the caves they have there and just sit in the nice relaxing pool and just listen to sound of the waterfalls that run through the caves. I will have to admit that it is quite a long drive out there, especially if its just one person doing it and the weather isn't the greatest.

So we've been out of school for a week now and as much as everyone is probably happy to be out of school, I for one am not. I was so sad on the last day of school not only because the classes I loved were done, but also because all my friends in class would be heading off for the summer. They would off doing their new jobs or taking trips to exotic locations around the world. I know that I'll everyone back in class again in the fall (I sure hope that everyone does come back for Round 2), but now that everyone is gone for the summer, it feels like its the end of the good times. All the fun things that we did together of the past year, I feel like we won't have chance to get together since we'll all be too busy with work and everything else.

But I hope everyone is having a good start to their summer vacation so far, even though its only been one week. I'm quite happy that I'm living here in Calgary for the summer. I will be honest, I know I'm not much of a party person, but I do want to have another one of those epic nights that one will never forget, kind of like the one back in November we all had. Only problem is I'm not sure what to do so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to pretty much anything.

Anyways, have a wonderful day everybody! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment