Thursday, May 31, 2012

It Sure Can Get Quiet Here at 35,000 Feet

So what do you do when you grounded in bed with nothing to do for the entire day? You write more blogs, that's what you did. Since I'm stuck in bed after a long night I figure I would try and write a few more posts.

It's been about a month since school ended and I have to admit its been a pretty interesting month that's for sure. I opted to stay in Calgary over the summer, mainly because its close to everything and works out perfect for my new job. Right now its a mixture of feelings I'm having about living at residence over the summer. On the one side, I'm quite happy to be living because it is centrally located to pretty much everything and it also always me quick access to the airport for my spotting trips. I now no longer have to wait for a day off and hope that the weather will be good. I also don't have to drive as much anymore since I have access to Transit right outside my door (though I will admit the cost of a Transit Pass is a little crazy).

But as always, there is a sad side to things like this. I have been feeling a little down since school ended and its been a mixture of stings. With school over and no more homework to do, I've had a little trouble finding things to do in my spare time off from work. I do realize that yes a good chunk of our class would be busy going on trips and working at new jobs for their internships or they have moved away for the summer so its been a little tough to meet up with them. I think that's part of the reason I like working so much; not only I'm I loving my job, it's also something to keep me occupied in my spare time off from school. If I had more days off from work I would most likely go crazy trying to find things to do. I do enjoy biking around the city (my favorite is biking from Bridlewood all the up to SAIT) and photography at the airport, but both of those things and my job are very weather dependent and when the weather goes sour, I'm left scrambling to find things to do. Although yesterday since I was stuck at home, I decided to sign up to become Proserve certified (The Alberta Government's Liquor Service Training Program) just for fun.

There are a lot of times where I feel like I just moved to Calgary despite the fact I know the entire city like the back of my hand. Right now it feels like there is anyone out there who shares the same interests that I do. I will admit that some of the things that I do are a little different from those that a typical 21 year old would do such as going out clubbing and drinking like crazy. Those things are of no interest to me, I'm one who likes to be up early in the morning, love to watch airplanes and listen to country music (especially Taylor Swift). These are things you don't see a 21 year old doing. But I'm not going to start doing things that I don't like just to fit in with everyone else. I know at this point in my life is more of a transition period and I may still have to get this through my head, but I have to take time for myself. These 4 months will probably be one of the only times where I get a chance to do the things that I want to do because once school starts again the fall, there won't be much time for that. It feels like September is long ways away, but knowing me that time will fly by really fast, especially since today is the end of May already. I just need to stay on the path I'm on right now, so school will be in session and things will be a little more active. For now, its just a period of quiet time that I need to take advantage of.

Anyways, that's just a little bit of ranting from the flight deck, hope you all have a wonderful day and are enjoying the flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment