Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Year End Letter to My Class

It is hard to believe that we are at the end of our first year in the Travel & Tourism Program. I'm still wondering where in the world the time went. It still only feels like a few months ago we were just starting this program and meeting each other for the very first time. I still remember that first day in class when we all met for the first time and where many of our friendships started.

But now here we are, the final days of classes and to be quite honest (most of you probably won't agree with me on this) but I'm actually quite sad that the first year of school is coming to an end. I know, I know, most you are quite happy too finally make it out of the first year of school, however not me.

In my first year in school, I've not only learned so much about the Tourism industry, I've also met so many amazing people in my class and got to do things that likely had I not taken this program, I most likely would have never gotten to do. I know it has been a roller coaster kind of year, filled with many ups and downs and sometimes turbulent skies that I wondered if it would ever end. But as always, we remained strong and through all the turbulence. From building a Canadian Pavilion in Geography class to building PNR's in Reservations class, we have learned so much over the last 8 months. I'm really happy I got the chance to learn about Apollo and finally have a Reservations system at my fingertips that allows me to look up flights and price them out. I've learned so much more about the world around me and even learned about more countries and attractions that I would love to visit someday.

Sadly, the first year draws to a close and I want to take this opportunity to thank all the wonderful people in my class for everything they have done for me. For always being there for me, for helping me out with school work and for helping me get through those turbulent times. Our class is absolutely amazing and I will definitely miss everyone over the summer (I'm getting quite teary eyed just writing this). 

Our flight is coming to an end, as a Pilot would stay, we have the Runway in sight. It's almost over, you've done an amazing job everyone.

Thanks for a great year everybody, hope y'all have a great summer and I hope to see you all again soon!

Sincerely,
Brad "Captain T-Swift" Vermeeren-Novak

No comments:

Post a Comment