Friday, August 3, 2012

August Ramblings and Biography Questions From The Viewers

Aloha folks and welcome to August, it's hard to believe that we are already almost through summer, it still feels like it was only a few weeks ago that school had ended and I was starting my new job. One month today, we'll be restarting school and boy I'm looking forward to it. I'll be entering my second year of Travel and Tourism and I'm not sure really what to expect with the upcoming year, sort of like flying blind into a storm cloud. But I think it'll be a fun year ahead and although some people won't be returning, our classes will be scrambled up and it provides the chance to meet a whole new round of people.

This summer has been quite an interesting one and this has been the first year where I've had a chance to get out and do some things I've been wanting to do for a while. From a new job (can anyone say tiger cubs?) to Stampede, it's been a summer where I'm doing what I want to do. I've been able to go spotting at the Airport more times this summer than I have in past years and it really helps out since I'm on a mission to try and get to 200 photos on Jetphotos.net before the end of the year (I'm currently sitting at 152) and the more photos I take on my trips, the better chance I will hit that mark. I do wish I had the chance to travel more this summer, but between work and other things going on and how expensive it is to travel this summer, it just never happened. There will be plenty of chances in the future to travel, I was more than happy to stay in Calgary for the summer. Living at SAIT over the summer worked out perfect for me since it was close to work and everything that the area has to over. I can go biking pretty much whenever I want and of course, I'm only 15 minutes away from the airport so it gives me the chance to go whenever I want. I'll be staying here once again over the school year and looking at my class schedule, it's shaping up to be another wonderful year.

Over the summer, I've worked on numerous side projects to keep me entertained including this blog. One of those things was learning the SABRE Reservation system, the same system that numerous airlines around the world use including WestJet. I decided it would be fun to learn this system and all I have to say is that it was quite interesting, but having knowledge on both APOLLO and SABRE systems will be a huge benefit to me. But one of the things I'm working on right now for fun is putting a like biography of myself together and one of things I need help with is coming up with questions for my biography. So anyone who wants to know me better and has some questions about me, my life, anything you want to know, post them right here or on Facebook and I'll include them into my list of questions to answer about myself. Examples of questions include:

Favorite TV Show:

Nicknames:

Least Favorite Food:

Questions about school, life, myself, anything you want to know about me

Enjoy the rest of your summer everybody, only 1 month to go till school (31 days to go if you are counting down like me)!

No comments:

Post a Comment